Saturday, July 6, 2013

Module 4: Reading Reflection


            In the past, I have utilized the Comprehensive Literacy Program strategies of modeled reading/writing, guided reading, and independent reading/writing.  However, I doubt that I was always using them true to the Comprehensive Literacy Program standard.

            This coming school year, my school has adopted a Balanced Literacy Program called Good Habits, Great Readers.  GHGR seems to have the same components as a Comprehensive Literacy Program (leading me to believe that the terms might be synonymous): read aloud/modeled reading, shared reading, guided reading, and independent reading.  GHGR’s format for writing is also similar: modeled writing, shared writing, guided writing, and independent writing.  Ongoing throughout these steps are assessment and conferencing.

            Although I am nervous about the change from what I have been using for the past three years, I am excited to see the difference with my students.  After attended several trainings this summer, I am looking forward to implementing GHGR in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment