Thursday, May 1, 2014
EDRD 7718 - Module 2
Trip to Brazil
Differentiated instruction calls for us to reach all of our learners in the way they learn best. These videos would be great for visual learners. Videos are also a great way to incorporate technology into your lesson and make those real-world connections for the students.
This virtual trip to Brazil almost made it seem like you were there! What a beautiful place! My dad has been fortunate enough to travel to Brazil, but unfortunately he said it was not safe. As a foreigner, he had to be driven around in an armored-plated car and was not allowed to go anywhere alone. Sad that a place with such beauty is so dangerous.
Goals for Differentiated Instruction Video
This video was a great overview of the goals of differentiated instruction. In my classroom, I often offer Choice Boards to my students at the end of a unit so that they can show what they know in a way that suits their learning style. They love having a choice and sometimes their products truly amaze me!
The Story of Differentiation Video
How fascinating! It is always interesting to find out how something began!
Information Literacy PowerPoint
I enjoyed the biology connection in this PowerPoint - very clever. I definitely feel like we have moved from the "sage on the stage" to the "guide on the side" and it has been a very trying transition for everyone.
Planning Strategic Reading Lessons PowerPoint
This year, my school adopted the Great Habits, Good Readers series. I felt like this PowerPoint was talking about exactly what I do! We start with an objective (standard), pick a text, and then set a purpose for reading. The only thing that this series is weak on is assessments - we have had to create all of our own assessments.
Literacy Content Reading & Scaffolding PowerPoint
Over the past four years, I have noticed that the science and social studies curriculum do prove challenging to my third graders. Part of that, I feel, comes from the vocabulary - especially in social studies. Some of the terms are so abstract that it is hard for the students to come up with a picture in their mind for it. It is crucial here to pre-teach it and provide examples so that you can build that background knowledge for them to use as a stepping stone - the scaffolding graphic showed this perfectly!
Verb Wheel Bloom's Taxonomy
My team has found resources like this to be a great help when coming up with different depth of knowledge questions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment