Sunday, May 4, 2014

EDRD 7718 - Module 5

An Example of Effective Classroom Management

      This video explored word work.  Unfortunately, I don't think that I was very successful in executing my word work center this year.  This video gave me some great ideas of things to do to make my word work work!

What is Literacy, and Why is it Important?

      Being literate is so important - I can not imagine not being able to read!

Using Literacy Centers to Strengthen Reading and Writing Instruction

      I love centers.  I remember when I started teaching four years ago, that I was the first one on my grade level to use centers during my reading block.  Our GLC told me that she never used centers during reading because she hadn't been formally trained on them.  Now, everyone is doing CAFE and the Daily 5.  Oh how far we've come in just four years!

Designs for Balanced Literacy

      Wonderful video!  She has such a positive attitude and a great classroom set-up!

Spaces and Places

      I need to get this book!  I have one of the smallest rooms in the school and it has been a challenge arranging my room.  I cannot wait to get this book and try it out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment